Nov 10, 2017 My Article Published by the RI Small Business Journal – Improving the Customer Experience
An article I wrote was just published in the October edition of the Rhode Island Small Business Journal print and online versions (www.RISBJ.com). In it, I describe six steps small businesses can take to improve their customer’s experience.
Everybody knows that the experience a customer has with his or her purchase will factor significantly into a decision to do business with that company again. Unhappy customers tend to tell their friends and that can tarnish your reputation. A great experience can make that customer an ally or even an evangelist.
Here they are:
- Identify What Your Customers Want.
- Have a Chief Market Listener (the person at your company who listens to and talks with the online community).
- Have a Chief Customer Advocate (the person at your company who solved customer problems.
- Use Social Media as a Channel to Provide Customer Service.
- Build Good Will by helping customers get what they want, even if you don’t sell it.
- Deliver Customer Service that is tailored for each Type of Customer.
For more details, see the full article on page 13 of the October issue at