1. Map events that drive a potential customer to consider a purchase to the sources of information or sales channels that they will reach out to.
2. Map the sources of information or sales channels to the ways that those sources can be influenced (marketing strategies).
3. Rate the sales channels by potential impact on dollar sales volume.
4. Prioritize the effectiveness of the sales channels.
5. Combine the above and develop action steps comprising the actual marketing plan.
It may include sections on any of the following: